Learn about two of Costa Rica?s biggest (and tastiest) exports on this tour of a coffee and chocolate farm from La Fortuna. Not only do you go to a side of Arenal volcano that most visitors miss in order to see the coffee and cacao crops, but you also get to taste the final products?it?s as fresh as it gets. Your guide shares insight into the industries throughout the tour.
- Coffee and chocolate farm tour from La Fortuna
- Learn about the production process from crop to final product
- Taste farm-fresh coffee and chocolate right where they?re made
- The guide tells you all about these important Costa Rican industries
What You Can Expect
Your coffee tour begins with the history of coffee in the world, followed by history in Costa Rica and its importance to socio-economic development. During your tour, you will learn and view the processes to make coffee, from the seed to the delicious cup. Next, you will learn about the chocolate process and enjoy, share and taste the fruit of the cocoa. View the process of transition from seed to pure and ground cocoa until its magnificent transformation to a delicious drink.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Chocolate and coffee-tasting
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not requested upon booking)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking has involved
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable clothes and shoes recommended
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Meet at the local tour office
Hotel pickup from selected hotels in La Fortuna if needed with extra charge (Lomas del Volcan hotel, Ti-Fakara hotel, Ecoglide Hotel, Green Lagoon Hotel, The Springs, Lost Iguana, and Arenal Lodge)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
3 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point (or) Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel