Explore Pe?as Blancas River and satisfy your chocolate craving on this exciting and delicious half-day combo tour. After a convenient hotel pickup, hop in a raft and float downstream, scouring the riverbanks for Costa Rica?s celebrated wildlife, including howler monkeys, white-faced capuchins, and sloths. Then, learn about the history of chocolate, from the discovery and cultivation of cacao to the production of the modern sweet treat.
- Raft the Pe?as Blancas River and get your chocolate fix on a combo tour
- Experience Costa Rica?s biodiversity and spot wildlife along the riverbanks
- Learn the history of cacao and participate in the chocolate-making process
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup/drop-off and all rafting equipment included
What You Can Expect
Your day of adventure and sweet indulgence starts with a Safari Float down the Pe?as Blancas. This is a wonderful river trip for the youngest to the oldest nature lover in your group. The design of the rafts allows you to get up close to the banks as you spot wildlife, flora, and fauna.
You will be picked up at your La Fortuna area hotel, and take a short drive to the dock along the Pe?as Blancas River. Your knowledgeable, friendly guide will assist everyone with life jackets before helping you board the rafts. During your two-hour float down the Pe?as Blancas, your guide will share the history of the region and their love of Costa Rica!
You will move along at a leisurely pace down the Pe?as Blancas River to improve your opportunities to sight the abundant life that inhabit this river. Monkeys, the Long-Nosed bat, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, owls and much more reside along the banks of the Pe?as Blancas River.
After returning to the dock, you will depart for the Sweet Chocolate Tour, where you will learn about the history of chocolate from its discovery and through the process of making chocolate in the delicious forms we enjoy eating now.
During this hands-on discovery, you will participate in the production, harvesting of the cacao, drying techniques and grinding the seeds.
At the end of the tour, you will get a chance to sample some of the high-quality gourmet chocolate!? Sweet day, indeed.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your La Fortuna area hotel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Provided equipment: tube, vest, and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off the bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in the immediate La Fortuna area; additional charge for hotels outside of the immediate?La Fortuna area.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
5 hours (approx.)
Drop off at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area. Additional charge for hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area