Discover the vibrant history and culture of the Costa Rican capital on a half-day San Jos? city tour. Soak up the green oasis of La Sabana Metropolitan Park, explore diverse neighborhoods like Rohrmoser and Otoya, and visit stately landmarks including the National Library and Casa Amarilla. Featuring admission to the majestic National Theater and the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, plus a combination of walking and minivan touring, it?s a great way to experience the city?s highlights in a single afternoon.
- Afternoon city sightseeing tour of San Jos?
- Tour the Costa Rican capital by foot and air-conditioned minivan
- See important landmarks like Casa Amarilla, the National Library, Plaza de la Cultura, and the Supreme Court of Justice
- See how locals live with a drive through modern and historic neighborhoods
- Learn about local crafts at a diamond and emerald jewelry gallery
- Includes admission to the National Theater and Pre-Columbian Gold Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Be ready for midday pickup at your San Jos? hotel, and climb onboard an air-conditioned minivan to meet your driver and guide for the afternoon. Begin with a scenic drive through La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the largest urban park in Costa Rica and a popular recreation spot for city dwellers. See the modern homes and shops of the nearby Rohrmoser neighborhood before taking in some of the capital?s grandest architecture with a stroll along the Paseo Col?n. Admire one of San Jos??s cultural jewels with a guided tour of the National Theater (admission included) before digging into the country?s glittering past with an included visit to the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum at the Plaza de la Cultura.
Continue with a leisurely walk through the Plaza de la Democracia and along the Boulevard Circuito Judicial, where you can see the Supreme Court of Justice, before hopping back on board the minivan. Relax and take in the sights from your seat as you cruise by landmarks including the National Library, Casa Amarilla, the National Park, and the Electoral Supreme Court. See a slice of life in old San Jos? with a circuit through the historic neighborhoods of Otoya, Am?n, and Toum?n.
Disembark to sip a cup of Costa Rican coffee (own expense) and admire the work of local artists at a diamond and emerald jewelry gallery. Learn the backstory behind the gold and precious gemstones used with an educational video before relaxing on the ride back to your hotel.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees?to the National Theater and Pre-Columbian Gold Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located San Jose hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
5 hours (approx.)