Maximize your time in Puntarenas with two thrilling activities at Turubari Eco Park. Saddle up for a horseback ride through the jungle, spot scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys, then ride an aerial tram over the Tarcoles River. Tour includes pickup and drop-off from Puntarenas cruise port.
- 5-hour horseback ride and aerial tram adventure from Puntarenas
- Explore the jungle on a thrilling horseback ride
- Look out for wildlife such as white-faced monkeys, toucans, and scarlet macaws
- Soar over the Turubari Eco Park and Tarcoles River on an aerial tram
- No experience necessary: full instruction provided
- Port pickup and drop-off is included
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide and a small group of up to 15 people on arrival at Puntarenas cruise port between 8 am and 9 am. Traveling aboard an air-conditioned minivan, relax on the short journey to the Turuari Eco Park, enjoying the views as you wind through the mango, sugar and citrus plantations.
On arrival, meet your instructor and listen to the safety briefing before being paired with a suitable horse. Once you?ve learned the basic controls and feel comfortable, set out on an around 1.5-hour horseback ride, following lush rainforest trails and looking out for wildlife such as toucans, scarlet macaws, and white-faced monkeys.
After a scenic trek, return to the base camp for a ride on the park?s aerial tram, climbing to a height of 262 feet (80 meters). From the comfort of your gondola, look out over the wild jungle and sprawling farmlands, flanking the mighty Tarcoles River.
At the end of the 20-minute ride, your driver will be waiting to take you back to Puntarenas cruise port.
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
We’re sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
You will be met at the cruise pier.
8 am or 9 am, depending on ship name and arrival time
The local operator will specify time upon receipt of your ship arrival details after booking.
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point