Ride a horse into the jungle on a 1.5-hour tour from Jaco to a towering waterfall, ancient groves of trees and a remote valley ranch. Watch for white-faced monkeys, toucans and macaws as you guide your Costa Rican stepping horse along the trail and enjoy the cool spray from the 180-foot (55-meter) El Encanto waterfall. Take in stunning views of the thickly forested landscape, then finish your tour with fresh fruit and juice at the scenic ranch.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
What You Can Expect
This eco-adventure tour is one of the best ways to view the tropical rainforest in Costa Rica. You will be picked up at your hotel for a short ride to Ocean Ranch Park. You are greeted by professional guides who saddle you up on our well loved and cared for Costa Rican stepping horses. On this roughly 2 hour tour, our horses have been trained to carry our visitors gently through our private river valley, across river beds, and along the mountainside to spectacular views of Ocean Ranch Park. The tour arrives at our private 180 ft. waterfall, “El Encanto” (The Enchanted Waterfall). This is one of many stops that will be provided where our guests and horses can both relax and breathe in the sheer beauty of nature. Giant trees, white-faced monkeys, toucans, macaws, and beautiful flowers adorn the landscape all the way to the Rancho where you can kick off your shoes and have a slice of pineapple and a cool drink while enjoying the Jurassic Park like setting.
- Horseback tour
- Safety instructions
- Professional bi-lingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Los Suenos, Jaco, Herradura, and Playa Hermosa areas for a minimum of 2 people. Pickups and drop-offs for only one person and/or for groups outside of this area please contact us for a transportation quote.?Villa Caletas has a $65 additional charge for pick up. Transportation to and from the area of Tarcoles/Punta Leona must be quoted and can be up to a $90 additional cost. Transportation to and from Esterillos Este or Oeste can be quoted and can be up to an additional $60.
- Please note that tour times and transportation times will be scheduled by Ocean Ranch Park in accordance with availability for your tour date.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation is complimentary for parties of 2 or more people from the center of Jaco, Herradura or Hermosa Beach areas. Parties of only 1 person or those parties that are outside of the courtesy pick up areas will receive transportation quote upon request.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- You are required to enter a departure time (between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm), please note this is only required as an indication; Use “Special Requirements” field upon checkout to advise information
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in Jaco
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
90 minutes (approx.)
Returns to original departure point