- Mission Lankester Botanical Garden is to promote conservation, enjoyment and sustainable use of native flora of Costa Rica threatened, especially epiphytes, through scientific research programs, horticulture, and environmental education.
- Botanical institution to be a leader in the study and conservation of epiphytic plants of Mesoamerica region.
What You Can Expect
- Internationally recognized for its remarkable collections of epiphytes, Lankester Botanical Garden was established in 1973 as a center for an?exhibition, conservation, and research of tropical epiphytes, emphasizing orchids.?In 11 hectares, field collections, collections in greenhouses Garden and secondary forests harbor more than 3,000 species of plants.
- Collections of plants in greenhouses are mainly from botanical expeditions, donations, and exchanges with botanical institutions worldwide.
- Most plants with reliable data source are herborized and its associated information is included in an inventory and a database.?From them, other reference collections like flowers in liquid, dehydrated for analysis of genetic material tissue, seeds, pollinaria and others that make them an essential resource for researchers Garden and other institutions working on joint projects also originate.
- The Lankester Botanical Garden is registered in initiatives that promote sustainable use of resources (natural, cultural, social, etc.), such as:
- The??Certification for Sustainable Tourism??(CST) Instituto Costarricense de Turismo
- The??Environmental Award??from the University of Costa Rica
- The??Code of Conduct??of the Paniamor Foundation
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Lankester Botanical Garden
2 hours (approx.)