North Fields Cafe offers a two-hour local family owned experience in Costa Rica, located close to Arenal Volcano area and its hot springs.
What You Can Expect
Our activity starts picking you up at your hotel around La Fortuna area. The first part of the tour includes a nice hike through our plantation with a professional guide who knows all the information about how our specialty products are grown and all their different processes. We always do our traditional roasting, grinding and brewing. Roasting coffee is one of the most complex and pleasurable experiences, the aromatic smoke impacts the senses just as fully as drinking it. Grinding coffee manually is even more romantic and agreeable and the brewing is when all the magic comes out for you to enjoy every single step. The activity includes coffee, arepas, sugar cane, and chocolate tasting.
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Chocolate preparation and tasting
- Sugarcane tasting
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Only for hotels from around La Fortuna, The Springs and Tabacon area)
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
La Fortuna de San Carlos
8am 10am 12pm 2pm 4pm Monday to Sunday
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
2 hours (approx.)