This is an innovated board that will take you for about two hours gliding across the calm and peaceful waters of Lake Arenal that sits at the foot of the breathtaking Arenal Volcano, just outside of La Fortuna. Your professional guide will provide a commentary to your group, pedaling towards the Arenal Volcano and pointing out interesting wildlife that you may find on the shore or birds flying overhead. Halfway through the tour, we?ll pull up on shore and take a break, having a chance to go for a swim, take photos, and enjoy some refreshments.
What You Can Expect
If you are a nature and adventure enthusiast you will be thrilled to try Costa Rica?s newest and most sought after water activity in Costa Rica.
After a 30 minutes? drive, from La Fortuna of San Carlos, we will arrive at our tour start point, the Lake Arenal, located close to the Arenal Volcano.
Once your professional tour guide provides you the safety speech, you and your group will be ready to start this unique experience.
This Pedal Board tour will take you gliding across the calm and peaceful waters of Lake Arenal that sits at the foot of the breathtaking Arenal Volcano, just outside of La Fortuna.
Although it sounds familiar to Stand Up Paddle Boarding, it is very different. In fact, the board is powered by the strongest part of your body, your legs, and allows you to grasp the firm handlebars for balance, making this activity easy and fun for people of all ages.
You will be so close to the volcano that you can see the details of the dried up lava flow from its last eruption decades ago. It has since been active but is currently dormant, with no signs of the lava flow in years.
This peaceful freshwater lake is surrounded by large rolling hills, farmer?s fields, and the impressive Arenal Volcano, you will have a big chance to observe out interesting wildlife that you may find on the shore or birds flying overhead. Halfway through the tour, we?ll pull up on shore and take a break, having a chance to go for a swim, take photos, and enjoy some refreshments.
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children 3 and younger are not allowed.
- Children must be 08 years or older and weigh at least 66 pounds (30 kg) to go on their own board.
- Pedalboards have a maximum capacity of 265 pounds (120 kg). Each pedal board can hold 1 adult and 1 child under 08 years
- If you are pregnant or have back, neck, joint, any heart condition or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located La Fortuna hotels.
- Please arrange to pick up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- All passenger heights MUST be provided at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be provided?at time of booking
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in La Fortuna(located in Zone 1)
Everyday : starts times ; 08:00 am & 14:00 Hrs
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 to 4.5 hrs