The perfect tour for passengers traveling on a wheelchair. In this tour, you will be able to enjoy the beauty of Puerto Limon, the rich wildlife of the region and spend a wonderful day at the beach and rainforest.
What You Can Expect
A great private tour for passengers traveling on a wheelchair and their families. A flexible tour where you will enjoy the best of Puerto Limon
During this tour you will enjoy:
1) A short City Tour: Around the City of Puerto Limon.
2) A visit to Cahuita National Park (Rainforest & Beaches). Located at just 60 minutes from the Pier, Cahuita, from the indigenous worlds kawe or mahogany and ta or point, was created in 1970 to protect the country’s largest coral reef. One hundred twenty-three species of fish have been listed here, along with a variety of corals and other invertebrates. The park also protects an example of the tropical moist forest, along with swamps forest and marshland. Cahuita is a perfect place for those who want to enjoy a beautiful tropical beach, the rainforest, and abundant wildlife. Upon arrival to Cahuita Town, we will get into the park for a 45 minutes nature walk for enjoying the rich biodiversity of the area, along with a flat and shady trail that runs along the shoreline. Monkeys, Sloths, Iguanas, Toucans, Colourful Frogs and many other species are very common to see during this tour. This is a very easy walk for all, from kids to seniors.
3) Visit a Banana Plantation, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained: The Crop, harvesting, processing, packing, and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, becoming one of the most important economic activities in the region. Visit Plantation only. No packing house.
4) Coastal Drive: Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Puerto Limon coastline during the bus drive to the different attractions.
5) The Tortuguero Canals: Board your covered boat for 60 minutes leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rain forest eco-system and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, many sloths, toucans, aquatic birds, bats, and crocodiles as well as exotic flora.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: During our Limon Highlights tour, you will enjoy different souvenirs stores. The Caribbean enjoys a diversity of cultures: Afro-Costa Rican, Bribri and Cab?car, Asian, Italian and Central American, among others. Besides food, the region features a collection of cultural activities and traditions that also differentiate it from the rest of the country.
Taking part of this amazing tour, you will become an expert about the rich cultural heritage and ecological resources of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Don’t miss it.
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
We’re sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: You will be met at the cruise pier. Right in front Gangway, look for a representative of Greenway Tours holding a board with your party?s name. Our bus will be at the parking lot where all the tour buses wait for passengers. All Greenway Tours buses have our logo in front and guides wear a uniform.
Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time versus local time. Please check with the reception to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don?t miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
8:00 AM or upon ship arrival
6 hours (approx.)
Puerto Limon Pier