Encounter the best of Costa Rica’s wildlife, cuisine, and famous natural beauty on a combo shore excursion from Puntarenas. Watch adorable white-faced monkeys playing in the trees, and spot crocs and birdlife on a pontoon cruise down the Tarcoles River. Learn the history of the bustling Puntarenas port, and indulge your taste buds with locally grown fruit fresh from the farm, a typical lunch at a local restaurant, and a chance to buy authentic Costa Rican coffee.
- Full-day combo shore excursion from Puntarenas
- Get to know Pacific Costa Rica’s cuisine, wildlife, and culture
- Visit plantations to taste the fresh tropical fruit
- Look for wild crocodiles on a pontoon cruise down the Tarcoles River
- Enjoy Costa Rican cuisine at a local restaurant
- Shop for coffee and other Costa Rican products
- Includes convenient port pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
The tour?starts by going to a private area where the cute and well known white-faced monkeys come to play every day. It is a great chance to see wildlife at its purest state.?After being enchanted by these amazing creatures, you will be taken to the ?fruit towns?, an area where the sweetest and best tropical fruits are produced.? Try them from the hands of smiling?farmers?proud to share their crops with the?visitors.
Once you try the soft and fresh tastes of the tropics you will be taken to the wild side. Getting on a safe and comfortable pontoon you will be gliding on the Tarcoles River. This well-known waterway holds the largest population of American Crocodiles in Central America. But it is not only about this fantastic dinosaur like creatures! It is a great tour for pure naturalists, birdwatchers and photographers. You will enjoy, among several other species of birds, herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills and other wonders like iguanas and basilisks (Named also Jesus Christ lizards for their ability to walk on water).
After all this excitement, it is time for lunch! You will try one of the best local restaurants in the coastal region. With fresh meats, vegetables and fruits your lunch will not only be nourishing but also totally delicious! After lunch, you will get to do some shopping.?The products are excellent and the prices are great.? Clean and well distributed, this store is diverse and the prices are affordable.
You?will end the shopping experience by going to a real Costa Rican?supermarket where you will be able to buy local coffee.?To end this great day you will be taken through the city of Puntarenas, the first port Costa Rica ever had in history, you will be taught about its traditions and its particular culture and this as well is the place where your cruise will be waiting for you. At the end of this fantastic day, you will feel like your visit to Costa Rica was much longer and deeper than one day only? for all, you will see and live!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At the time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
The Puntarenas or Caldera Pier
8 am or ship arrival time
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point