Discover the sounds and sights of the rainforest after dark with a 4-hour night hike and dinner tour from La Fortuna, and visit a ?frog sanctuary in the Costa Rican countryside. Follow your guide along an easy trail, and watch for the bats, nocturnal birds and mammals that rustle through the treetops and on the forest floor. Search for red-eyed tree frogs and glass frogs in their natural habitats, then enjoy a traditional dinner prepared on a wood burning stove before returning to your hotel in La Fortuna.
- An ideal choice for families
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day Instant Confirmation
What You Can Expect
The trail will go around the mirrored lakes to the frog sanctuary, which is an area dedicated to the regeneration and natural reproduction of frog species. Here you will discover a large number of species such as the dart frog and the bullfrog, the smallest and largest species in Costa Rica, as well as the spectacular Red-Eyed Tree Frog, and the beautiful Glass Frog. After the tour, a delicious Costa Rican dinner prepared on a wood burning stove will await us. We will enjoy our dinner viewing the lights of the valleys of San Carlos. Afterwards, we will return to La Fortuna.
- Discover the country’s nocturnal wonders in a night experience
- See species like nocturnal frogs, birds, mammals, insects, bats and more.
- Delicious authentic Costa Rican dinner prepared on a wood burning stove.
- We will enjoy our dinner viewing the lights of the valleys of San Carlos.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Delicious Costa Rican dinner prepared on a wood burning stove
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Flashlights and lanterns
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A small amount of walking is involved
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna town or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours (approx.)