Hang on tight and prepare to get wet on this thrilling rainforest rappelling adventure. Rappel down waterfalls, climb rocky canyons, and get wild on the signature ?Monkey Drop? zipline-and-rappel experience, all while surrounded by the rugged beauty of the Costa Rican jungle. Refuel with a delicious lunch at a country estate for a taste of the ?Pura Vida? spirit.
- Half-day rappelling and canyoning adventure from La Fortuna
- Rappel down three cascading waterfalls
- Climb up a canyon wall surrounded by lush jungle scenery
- Experience the thrilling ‘Monkey Drop’ zipline-and-rappel combo
- Includes a fruit snack and lunch at a traditional country estate
- All necessary rappelling equipment included
- Designed for thrill seekers
What You Can Expect
Take your pick from a morning or afternoon tour, and travel from your La Fortuna hotel to the adventure park in an air-conditioned minivan (please note that hotel pickups outside the main La Fortuna area may have an additional charge). Dress in a bathing suit and cover up or other clothing that you don’t mind getting wet, and bring a change of dry clothes. Be sure to wear shoes that will stay on your feet.
When you arrive, transfer to a 4×4 for a 30-minute ride to reach the natural playground. Gear up with provided equipment, and get an orientation to safety practices and rappelling techniques from experienced guides who will be on-hand to help throughout the day.
Once you’re ready, jump right into the rugged landscape, starting with a rappel down a cascading waterfall (you will definitely get wet!) Rappel down two other waterfalls and a dry canyon wall, and then battle gravity with a canyon rock climb. If your adrenaline isn’t already surging, it will be when you complete the thrilling Monkey Drop, which combines a zipline flight across the canyon with a rappel back down to the floor.
After conquering the Canyon, take a short hike back to the top and enjoy a rejuvenating fruit snack before the return drive to base camp. Change into dry clothes and reward your efforts with a typical Costa Rican lunch surrounded by peaceful country scenery. The half-day adventure concludes with drop-off back at your La Fortuna hotel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- All necessary rappelling equipment is provided
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum Age: 3
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress in a bathing suit & cover or lightweight clothing that can get wet and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on tour, please do not take anything on the tour that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off the bus and at end of tours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area; additional charge for hotels outside of immediate?La Fortuna area.
7:00 am or 1:00 pm
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point