Hike through the tropical rainforest of Tenorio Volcano National Park to witness the enchanting blue waters of Rio Celeste on this full-day tour from La Fortuna. Trek with a guide along forested trails dotted with waterfalls and rich with native wildlife to reach the convergence of two mineral-rich rivers that together produce the mysterious aquatint of the Rio Celeste. After the hike, reward your efforts and recharge with a traditional Costa Rican lunch.
- Full-day hiking tour of Tenorio Volcano National Park from La Fortuna
- Complete a 4-hour trek through the rainforest with a professional guide
- See the mysterious blue waters of Rio Celeste
- Learn how the convergence of two volcanic streams produces the river’s unusual tint
- Look for native wildlife along the way
- Enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch after the hike
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Mysterious and imposing, in the very core?of the Tenorio Volcano, manifestations of hidden power transform the union of the Buena Vista and Roble rivers into a sky blue stream, giving birth to one of the most extraordinary phenomenon?s of nature: ?Light Blue River?.? Along the river, you?ll find hot springs, bends of heavenly tranquility and a waterfall of singular beauty, all surrounded by varied flora and fauna. ?You will?leave at 7:30 am from La Fortuna.
The tour arrives at the Tenorio Volcano National Park, where you will begin your?7 km hike (approximately 4 hours) through the tropical rainforest. You?will arrive at ?Los Te?ideros? of the Rio Celeste, the site where two streams of crystalline water come together and form the heavenly color blue that gives the river its name.
The tour returns through trails, rich with ecological wonders. You?ll continue the?hike through the jungle and will get to see the spectacular Rio Celeste waterfall whose?color is one of a kind.
The?final reward is an exquisite Costa Rican typical lunch at the end of our journey, and after that, the ride back to the hotels in La Fortuna.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled w?ter
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Trekking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located La Fortuna hotels or nearby areas (within a 6-mile or 10-km radius)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point