Spend a full day discovering the beauty of Costa Rica?s rainforest on this guided combo tour to Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqu?. Cruise down the Sarapiqu? River on a riverboat, and then delve deeper into the jungle on a horseback ride while learning about native plants and wildlife from your knowledgeable guide. Round-trip hotel transport from San Jose and an authentic Costa Rican lunch are included.
- Full-day combo tour of a horseback ride and a boat cruise down the Sarapiqu? River
- Navigate along the Sarapiqu? River and see wildlife like crocodiles and sloths
- Take a laid-back horseback ride in a private rainforest reserve and spot iguanas, monkeys, and birds
- Enjoy a beautiful drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Learn about the unique vegetation and wildlife you see from an informative guide
- Lunch and round-trip air-conditioned minivan transport from most San Jose hotels included
What You Can Expect
Travel to the beautiful Sarapiqu? region of Costa Rica for a full day of natural beauty and adventure. A driver will pick you up at your San Jose hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle for the approximately 2-hour drive north. Ride through Braulio Carrillo National Park and a scenic landscape of volcanic mountain ranges and rolling countryside.
At the town of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqu?, you?ll board a motorized boat for a cruise down the glassy waters of the Sarapiqu? River. Along the way, your naturalist guide will point out interesting native plant species and help you spot local wildlife, including crocodiles, monkeys, sloths, and colorful birds.
After about 1.5 hours on the river, you?ll disembark at the Madero Negro nature reserve and meet the horse that will take you on the next phase of your adventure. Climb aboard your trusty steed for a leisurely, 1-hour horseback ride into the verdant rainforest, where you?ll get an up-close look at this amazing ecosystem. Enjoy some free time to explore the reserve?s butterfly garden and reptile sanctuary. Sate your appetite with a delicious Costa Rican lunch, and then sit back and relax on the return drive to San Jose.
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear long pants, comfortable shoes and bring a hat and a camera
- Horseback riding portion of the tour is suitable for all levels of experience
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from San Jose hotels
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point