Unleash your inner daredevil as you tackle the hair-raising rapids of the Sarapiqui River on this full-day tour from either San Jose or La Fortuna. Hurtle downstream over class II and III rapids like the ?Roller Coaster? and ?Superman? marvel over the dramatic scenery of the Sarapiqui canyon, then cool off with a swim. After 2.5-hours of adrenaline-fuelled fun, tuck into lunch by the riverside, before heading back to the city.
- Full-day river rafting tour on the Sarapiqui River from San Jose or La Fortuna
- Get your adrenaline pumping on class II and III rapids
- Soak up the scenery of the Sarapiqui River Canyon
- Enjoy a traditional Costa Rican lunch by the riverside
- Full instruction provided: suitable for all abilities
- Perfect for adrenaline junkies!
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
You can choose to be picked up from your hotel in San Jose or La Fortuna area. If you are staying in Sarapiqui then you can meet at the main center at 10 am or 2 pm (details will be on the voucher).
When you arrive at the rafting area, the certified guides will prepare you with your professional gear and a briefing with safety commands and paddling instructions. Then, the adventure begins! Rapids with names like ?Roller Coaster?, ?Superman?, and ?Air Force? will thrill you while the incredible surrounding flora and fauna will leave you breathless.
Halfway through the tour, there will be a stop to savor a colorful buffet of fresh tropical fruit and to recharge your batteries before continuing the remainder of the rapids. During this break, you will also have a chance to swim and jump in from the cliffs above. The guides will also take some time to explain the flora and fauna that inhabit this amazing area.
After 2 ? hours filled with extreme adventure on the river, a delicious traditional lunch will be awaiting you in our riverside facilities.
The total duration of the tour when coming from San Jose or La Fortuna is 7 hours, including pick up and drop-off to your hotel. If beginning from the main center in Sarapiqui, the total duration for the tour is 4 hours.
- Small-group tour
- Fruit snacks
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommended you bring: Swimwear, towel, extra clothes, sandals, sunblock
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
- Your hotel in San Jose or La Fortuna
- Main center if staying near Sarapiqui
From San Jose or La Fortuna: 8:00 am
From Sarapiqui: 10am or 1pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point