Venture off the beaten track on a small-group tour off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Hop in an ocean kayak and paddle past bustling coastal forests en route to a quiet bay, where you can don snorkeling gear to explore three active coral reefs. Learn about the flora, fauna, and marine life as you go from your guide.
- 3-hour ocean kayak and snorkeling adventure
- Visit Biesanz Bay for swimming and snorkeling in a quiet location
- Paddle past small nesting islands for booby birds and frigatebirds
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure times, with hotel pickup and drop off
- All necessary equipment for kayaking and snorkeling included
- Lunch and snacks included
- Small-group tour with 10 people or fewer
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at your hotel in central Manual Antonio for an 8 a.m. morning tour or a 1 p.m. afternoon tour. Hop in the car and drive 10 minutes to Pez Vela Marina in Quepos to begin your 3-hour adventure off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica with a maximum of 10 people.
After a quick safety briefing and instructions, board your open-seat kayak and begin paddling along the Manuel Antonio coastline for roughly 40 minutes. Meander past undisturbed coastal ecosystems at a comfortable pace determined by your group?s abilities and interests, pausing to learn about noteworthy flora and fauna from your guide along the way.
When you reach Biesanz Bay, take a quick break to swim away from the crowds of more accessible beaches and refuel with local snacks in a picnic area onshore. Once you?re feeling refreshed, don your snorkeling gear to explore three active coral reef systems. Keep your eyes peeled for some of the 50 species of fish known to populate the waters, exploring an underwater playground for 45 minutes.
Upon completing your snorkeling experience, board your kayak and continue paddling toward Manuel Antonio National Park. As you pass the small islands dotting the water, look out for booby birds and frigatebirds that call the island home all year round. Finish your adventure with a celebratory meal in a local restaurant and then get dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Local refreshments
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Recommended items: Light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, and camera
- Minimum age is 6?years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your centrally?located Manuel Antonio hotel
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point