Though Tamarindo is one of the most popular places for beginners to learn how to surf, it can still be intimidating to ride your first wave. A surf lesson eliminates any obstacles to trying?including anxiety. Your instructor fits you with the right board and gear and then provides personalized attention in the water as you learn to pop up on the board, keep your balance, and ride a wave.
- Tamarindo beginner surf lesson
- The guide teaches you the basics and helps you catch your first wave
- Great way for beginners to get comfortable in the water
- All equipment is included?no need to rent anything extra
What You Can Expect
The best way to gain a foothold in the world of surfing is through personalized instruction. During your lesson with this Tamarindo surf school, you’ll learn the basics with a skilled teacher and receive provided equipment to use (surfboard, leash, and Lycra top).
Your instructor walks you through the first steps of surfing to quickly resolve the normal obstacles that may arise. You will be taught basic skills, learn about safety in the water, and then move on to technical aspects like standing up on the board. Learn how to maneuver the board upon entering the water while awaiting your first wave, and then get ready to catch a wave and feel the adrenaline rush that comes with it.
Private classes are also available for those who prefer more attention or want privacy. With just you and a private instructor, you will be able to customize the pace of your lesson so you can rest a bit, if you wish, or squeeze your abilities to the fullest.
- Surf instructor and equipment
- Pick Up Tamarindo area for free.
- pick up Around Costa Rica Extra Cost.
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
La Buena Vida condominiums, Tamarindo
6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm, or 4pm