Take three days to explore Costa Rica?s protected wilderness area, Tortuguero National Park, including two nights of accommodations and transport. Travel along the Tortuguero Canals by boat, and visit the village of Tortuguero. During your days, go to?a banana-packaging plant, and take optional tours of your choosing, such as a walk on the beach to admire green turtles nesting.
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
What You Can Expect
Day 1 – (B, L, D)
Leave your hotel in San Jose in the morning.?Admire the biodiversity of an astonishing protected area in Costa Rica as you drive by Braulio Carrillo National Park, a primary forest in 95% of its extension. Have a taste of a delicious Costa Rican breakfast en route. Be a special guest in a banana processing and packaging plant and learn more about one of Costa Rica’s prime products (subject to availability). Board a comfortable boat upon arrival to the port, and let this extraordinarily exotic paradise enchant you, as you travel along the Tortuguero Canals. Have a once-in-a-lifetime experience in this unique place surrounded by a great variety of flora and fauna of breathtaking beauty. Enjoy a refreshing cocktail and a delicious lunch as you arrive at your lodge.
After lunch, you will visit the museum, the beach area and the small and picturesque town of Tortuguero. A delightful dinner will be served upon arrival to the lodge.
Day 2 – (B, L)
Optional morning tour: Enjoy nature at its best as you undertake a journey through the canals at dawn, and take your best shot of a real Caribbean sunrise.
Take your time to enjoy the private trails, ride a boat through the canals or just relax.
Optional night tour: Walk on the beach and admire the green turtles nesting (July through September).
Day 3?- (B, L)
Departure to San Jos?. Start the day with a breakfast at the lodge, and then start to make your way back to San Jose. A light lunch will be served en route, and you’ll be dropped off at your accommodation in San Jose in the late afternoon.
- 2 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 25 pounds (12 Kg) luggage. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Majors hotels in San Jos?
6 am (may change depending on your departure hotel)
3 days (approx.)