Watch sea turtles do their thing in the wild on this night tour to a popular nesting ground near S?mara, Costa Rica. Your guide helps you notice sea turtles crawling around the sand: you might see them laying eggs, hatching, or walking around in large groups. Your tour includes everything you need for the best viewing opportunities, including specialty lights.
- Sea turtle watching tour from S?mara, Costa Rica
- Head out to a beach with a known population of sea turtles
- Going with a guide increases your chances of seeing sea turtles in the wild
- Transportation and fees included so you don?t have any unexpected expenses
What You Can Expect
Getting pick up by your tour guide at your hotel, hostel or rental house we will start the journey to Camaronal, Corozalito or Ostional beach awarded like some of the most important wildlife refuges for turtle protection in the world.
On the way the guide will provide a very details list of things we can and cannot do at this refuge, since is a wildlife refuge we don?t want to disturb the turtles or scare them and then they won?t lay their eggs so is very essential to follow the guide instructions and always stay together.
Ones we arrive at the entrance, you will have a chance to use the bathroom, apply bug spray and get ready to enter the beach. Since is a tour at night we will provide red light flashlights to walk on the beach while we look for turtles, remember the turtles are wild so the time that they will come we don?t know it but in this beaches, you have a 90% chance to see them.
Ones we have found one we will try to see the whole proses they go through for laying their eggs, from the moment they get out of the water till the moment they go back in the water. Seeing how much effort they have to putt on to make the hole in the sand and them clobbering their nest putting the sand back to where it was and make it look like nothing is there, it will leave you amaze and you will want to clap to her ones she is done and start walking back to the water all tired out taking breaks constantly trying to reach out for the water and finally rest.
If there are some baby?s hatching that night you will have a big change to see them when the volunteers release them on the beach to walk on their own to the water and fighting over and over against the wave to get in the water and start their life in the water.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of?2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotel, Hostel or Rental Houses
Usually, the pickup time is between 06:00 to 07:30 pm, depending on the tide.
Sometimes we have the turtle’s arrival phenomenon which it happens ones a month from June to December and it last one to three days and you see nonstop turtles coming to lay their eggs all day around in this time the tour can be operated very early in the morning or in the evening afternoon.
3 hours (approx.)