Paddle the Tenorio River?s thrilling whitewater on a full-day rafting trip from Guanacaste, and explore one of Costa Rica?s most beautiful natural areas. Maneuver the raft as your guide steers through a series of Class III and IV rapids, and test your skills on standing waves and frothing drops. Enjoy the serenity between rapids as you pass lush forest that shelters bright birds and chattering monkeys, take in the sights and sounds of the tropical wilderness, then have lunch on shore before returning to your Guanacaste hotel.
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins with a hotel pickup from your Guanacaste hotel. Meet your guide and drive to the Tenorio River. After a briefing and overview, start your adventure.
The Tenorio River will test your courage with its Class III and IV rapids. You will travel down irregular and medium waves with complex maneuverings in fast rapids in the Class III section of the river. You will also experience intense and powerful but yet predictable waves as you travel down the Class IV section.
The Tenorio River has everything on it. You can even find a 10 feet drop (class V), which is one of its kind (depends on the time of the year for it to run). This tour will surely grant you pure magic as you admire the unsurpassed beauty and stunning wildlife scenery. It is certainly a great outdoor adventure for those who enjoy some thrills. You will enjoy a delicious lunch after your adventure.
At the end of the day, you will be dropped off back at your hotel.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable wearing clothes to get wet, rubber sole shoes.
- It is recommended that you bring a complete change of clothes and towel, sunglasses with secure head straps and a baseball cap or hat that fits tight, sunblock, camera, water or tennis shoes
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Pickup from Hotel Dreams Las Mareas is not available for this tour. If you are staying there, you may head to the Hilton Garden Inn to be picked up.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
8 hours (approx.)