Navigate the white-water rapids of the Tenorio River on this tour from the Playa Hermosa area. After learning rafting commands and being outfitted with a rafting vest and helmet, head down the fast-moving river that includes a famous 12-foot (3.65-meter) waterfall drop. Plus, spot monkeys, lizards, and native birds in the surrounding land along the way.
- Be part of a team as you navigate a four-person raft down the river
- Rafters must be at least 12 years old
- Wear sports sandals or tennis shoes, no flip-flops
- Lunch will be provided; beer and soft drinks are available for purchase
What You Can Expect
Ground transportation is provided from most Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco or Playa Ocotal area hotels. You will be picked up around 7:30 am (departure times can vary approximately 30-45 minutes prior so please call to verify time of pickup for your hotel).
Your shared transportation stops at hotels to pick up other rafters, but once all are on board it is around a 45-minute drive to meet the rafting crew. ?There you will get fitted for rafting vest and helmet. ?Then you are on your way in 4 X 4 vehicle to the put-in spot on the bank of the Tenorio River. ?Once you arrive at the river, guides will unload boats and paddles and teach you what you need to safely navigate the river. ?You will soon know the terms like “high-side left” and when you need to paddle or back-paddle. ?You are part of a team and it is vitally important that all rafters participate in the fun and adventure!
The four-man rafts are designed to navigate the narrow Tenorio, with some really wild rapids and incredible drops. The backdrop of the primary and secondary dry forest is a stunning sight and monkeys, lizards and birds can be seen and heard as you travel down the rapids.
At the end of the rapids, you will disembark, help stow the gear and head to the Rio Corobici for a delicious hot lunch. ?Beers and soft drinks are not included but are available for purchase. ?The professional photo package is also available if you want to get some excellent shots of the action-packed trip. ?Don’t forget to bring some cash to tip your rafting guides!
After lunch, you will head back to your hotel on your shared transportation. ?This day is sure to be a highlight of your trip.
- White Water Rafting
- Rafting equipment (vest, helmet, raft, paddle)
- Hot lunch
- Fruit Beverage
- Round trip ground transportation from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Flamingo, and Tamarindo area hotels.
- ?Transportation from hotels outside the Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo, and Playa Tamarindo areas
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum rafting?age is 12
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Weather permitting. Crew reserves the right to determine if necessary to cancel. If crew cancels, refund or alternate tour will be provided, dependent upon availability
- Not recommended for the person with a disability that would preclude them from boarding?raft or paddling
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, and Playa Ocotal areas including RIU and RIU Palace. ?Additional charges for pickup at Dreams Resort, Flamingo, Conchal and Tamarindo.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point